肯勇敢面對自己的感覺,已是一種幸福。

Monday, March 21, 2005

Janis Ian

Chet,

I've been waiting for that for a year and finally it's on. 20 March Sunday, Janis Ian in Sydney @ the basement!(wao~) The show was amazing and full of fun. I'm not sure if Janis did sing the same songs as in S'pore. But I heard that some of them are new. It was a very nice show and I was impressed so much by her guitar and voice. Can't close my mouth for a while even she'd finished the song. Looks like this --> :O

The show was started from 9:30p and I arrived there at 8:30, it was so crowded already. As a Chinese gal, I'm too short to get a good view (sigh). Anyway, I'd try to comfort myself, music should listen by ears (and heart maybe), not by eyes. I can only afford the standing ticket (actually the dinning ticket was sold out in a second so that I don't have to struggle) so I kept standing for the night. I was even not able to drive with my sore legs after the show.

I know Janis and her music because of your recommendations. So, thank you very much, Chet. Her talent do attract everybody's soul. The melodies, lyrics, voice, all are excellent. I was thinking how can a person be so wisdom? How many roads did she walk through? And she is a funny woman, a good story teller. The concert was full of joy. Artist and audience sing together.

Moreover, I was impressed by her guitar and the sounds effect, which I never experienced before. It was just a guitar, ok, it was a Martin guitar with effectors, but I don't know that a guitar can have such a lot of effects and expressions. I'm wondering if Chet will do the same thing one day… It was surprising me a lot, I tired to play mine once I back home (and of course, I can't get the same effect. Ha ha)

Chet, will you have a concert like that? Like a sharing party, talk and sing together with audience? Or you're shy and hide yourself? Will you be a folk singer, sing and travel around the world? I remember you've mentioned that you're not a folk singer. But, consider bringing your guitar, sing and travel over the world? I'm looking forward that.

Cheers,
Egg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home